Pay & Benefits
Over the road drivers are paid based on mileage. City Drivers will be paid an hourly rate.
Solo drivers start rate is on a sliding scale based on experience. Solo drivers can start up to .53 cpm
Team drivers start at .60 cpm split.
Mileage based on paid practical miles using PC Miler Practical Routing Version 25.
Increases are given every 6 months after 6 months of continuous employment.
At Summitt you will typically get home weekly but may be out on the road up to 10 days with 34-48 hours home. We also allow drivers to stay out longer and receive more home time, as well as, the option to be home every other weekend. In addition, Summitt highly encourages our drivers to take paid holidays and vacations to enjoy additional home time so that they may be more safe and productive drivers.
- Hazmat Pay: An additional .05 cpm is paid when a driver is hauling a Hazmat load
- New York City Pay: $100.00 for either pickup or delivery in New York City (Maximum $100 if going into and coming out of NY. NY City is defined as one of the five boroughs (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island).
- Stop-off Pay: $25.00 per stop-off, excluding first pickup and last stop, per trip number
- Detention Pay: Normally paid $12.75 per hour after 2 hours.
- Layover Pay: For each 24-hour period of layover while on the road, single drivers are paid $75.00 or teams will be paid $100.00 split.
- Canada Pay: $100 for either pickup or delivery into Canada + .02cpm going in Canada
Company Paid Benefits
Full-time employees are eligible for the following company paid benefits:
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Basic Life
Summitt Trucking offers a variety of benefits cafeteria style. You can enroll in any benefit and any level of coverage based on your needs. Benefits are only offered to full-time employees and are eligible the first of the month following 60-days for the following products:
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life
- Basic Life insurance
Other Benefits Include
- Per Diem