In order to ensure that we operate as safely as possible, Summitt has established more stringent driver retention and hiring standards than DOT regulations require. Detailed below are minimum:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid, current class A CDL
- No CDL geographic restrictions.
- Verifiable Tractor Trailer experience.
- No preventable rear-end, head-on, lane change, serious intersection, illegal shoulder parking, rollover, or U-turn accidents in the past three (3) years.
- Generally, no felony conviction within the past ten (10) years. Felonies for violent crimes or multiple felony convictions may be grounds for disqualification even if the offense occurred more than ten (10) years previous to the application date
- No current probation.
- No DUI or DWI (alcohol) conviction within the past three (3) years—never in a commercial vehicle.
- No drug-related convictions in past ten (10) years—never in a commercial vehicle.
- No positive pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion, or other employment related drug tests within the past fifteen (15) years (includes refusal to test, and adulterated or substituted specimen).
- Every situation is case by case.
The following are not mandatory, but are helpful:
- Have or be willing to apply for the Hazmat endorsement within 60 days of hire.
- Have or be willing to apply for the Transportation Workers Identification Credential Card within 60 Days of Hire.